Monday, February 18, 2013

Pigs Ears


Cali Love. I always vibe and get along with my Cali peeps. I must of been Cali hippie in another lifetime, beach bum fo so. Their energy, style, mystery and look is so infectious. It something I didn't grow up with, something that I love. I met Daisy last week at a Luckyrice event and we exchange numbers because she wanted to introduce me to her friend Tracy. We decided to meet Sunday at a dive bar in Bushwich, where the Bloody Mary's flowed and where I met Gene and Tracy. My first impressions of Tracy were positive. She was pretty, I noticed her tats and her style was all me. I thought she was so my type but of course I still needed to get to know her. Time passed and we were 3-4 drinks in. We talk about the west coast, what Asians are suppose to look like and my past relationships. I really didn't get to know Tracy, she was really into her music on her iPhone and talking to the bartender. Maybe I wasn't her type, maybe she was buzzed but I really couldn't tell. Our second stop was Oh! Tasho. I haven't been there in so long and damnnn the food was legit, probably the best ramen I've since LA. Gene opened up about her dealing with racism and I totally felt connected to her. I couldn't compare to what she going through growing up in Dallas but I understood her. As a model minority their are things we all grew up dealing with. You know the neurotic Asian mom, being good at math, becoming a doctor or an accountant, playing basketball was made for the black kids, being called ching chong, feeling nervous when your friends came over because the house smelled like Chinese food. I knew where Gene was coming from and I'm glad she was opened with her feelings even though I just met her. Maybe she knew I was down, she did say that she could tell I was from NY because I was very straight forward. We also talk about Jnco and how we should bring it back. Criss Crossed, everything. We had a chill time while we getting our munchines on but I really didn't get to know Tracy, still.

Next stop, St. Marks Ale House. Daisy and I decided to go for round three while Gene and Tracy walked home. Daisy was so anxious to ask me what I thought about Tracy, lol, we weren't even at the bar yet. Tracy was pretty and attractive. I also told her I thought that she was a bit shy, I didn't know exactly what it was but she knew exactly where I was coming from and my answer was not surprising. I felt that Tracy could have been uncomfortable in her own skin. I hope that I didn't make her feel that way. Was I being to open or Cantonese, loud?? I'm definitely too raw and honest sometimes. Maybe I shouldn't have talked about my best friend's drunk stories. Then we started talking about Daisy and her past. I totally saw that she wasn't over her break-up or maybe she was but I knew something was bothering her. I told her that this feeling that your feeling will never go away. It's something you live with no matter how much you want an answer. We talked about being "in control" of your situation and not letting things that you don't have control of bother you. Last night we had a deep, rich, honest convo and I really felt what she was going through. Even though god gave me a gift of being Dr. Love, I know I can't fully diagnosis anyone but the least I can do is share my experiences and hopefully that will be my leading hand. Overall I met really down peoples, friends that I wouldn't mind kicking with again. A random Sunday that far exceeded my expectations, to drinking Bloody Mary's and eating pigs ears. Hours passed and we were the only one's left at the bar. My and Daisy kept it 100 and we could've talked for hours but then we still have to write chapter two. three. fifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment